Cross Village changes management mid-semester following low occupancy, tenant criticism

• 0
Cross

Cross Village on Aug 19.

On-campus living center Cross Village is under new management as of this week.

Balfour Beatty Campus Solutions used to manage Cross, but Capstone On-Campus Management took over the job on Oct. 15, according to a flyer posted in Cross. Personnel from Capstone will begin staffing the office this week, according to the flyer, which was signed by “The Team from COCM.”

“(Cross residents will) hear more about other changes as we get to know the community and residents better over the next few months,” the flyer stated.

Cross has had problems since its opening in August 2018, including low occupancy, prolonged construction and fire alarm malfunctions.

It is unclear why Balfour Beatty no longer manages Cross. The Daily has reached out to a representative from both management companies regarding the issue but has not yet received comment.

The flyer stated that Capstone’s affiliation with OU will be “effective for contracting for the Fall 2019 academic year” and that more information on next year’s housing situation will come soon.

Capstone is scheduling meet and greet opportunities for Cross residents to get to know the management, the first of which was yesterday at 7 p.m. in the Cross black box theater, according to the flyer.

Capstone On-Campus Management is a management company dedicated to on-campus student housing and has over 35,000 students living in its properties, according to the flyer. Capstone is based in Birmingham, Alabama, according to its website.