OU dashboard reports 50 additional coronavirus cases since Aug. 25

• 1
OU Mask w/ black background (copy)

Display of OU mask 

OU updated its COVID-19 dashboard Sunday afternoon, revealing the total number of positive tests at Goddard Health Center has doubled since Aug. 25.

The university first unveiled its COVID-19 dashboard Friday afternoon. At the time, Goddard reported 41 positive tests between Aug. 10 and Aug. 25.

Fifty cases were reported by Goddard in the updated information, with 12 positives reported on Aug. 26, 23 positives on Aug. 27 and 15 positives on Aug. 28. This data comes two days after the dashboard's initial release on Friday.

Aug. 27 saw the highest percentage of positive cases recorded by Goddard. Of the 103 tests performed that day, 23.30 percent of the tests were positive.

Since the original report, 118 additional community members have entered self-isolation, bringing the total to 253, including 231 students. Of those in self-isolation, 82 are isolating due to a positive test and 120 are isolating due to exposure to COVID-19, according to the university dashboard.

When The Daily asked OU Director of Media Relations Kesha Keith why cases between Aug. 25 and Aug. 28 were not reported when the dashboard was released Aug. 28, Keith said in an email that Goddard Health Services sends samples to reference labs for test result verification.

Result times vary depending on the lab, Keith said, and currently, results are available in one to two days. Results are reported based on the date of testing, Keith said, so they're reported on the dashboard once the results return to Goddard. 

Keith said in the email the process of updating the dashboard is a manual one that requires Goddard officials to analyze multiple data points. After the data is examined, it appears on the dashboard, and Cleveland County and regional statistics are updated daily. 

The dashboard can be viewed here, and will be updated daily.

This article was updated at 11:48 a.m. on Aug. 31 to reflect OU Director of Media Relations Kesha Keith's response.