Cleveland County coronavirus case was locally transmitted, OKC mayor says

• 0
Coronavirus COVID-19 (copy)

The confirmed case of the coronavirus in Cleveland County was transmitted locally, Oklahoma City Mayor David Holt said at a press conference.

The Oklahoman's Adam Kemp reported that Holt said confirmation came Sunday afternoon that the case was locally transmitted.

According to the World Health Organization, people can avoid the disease through hand-washing, social distancing, keeping hands away from the face, practicing respiratory hygiene and seeking medical care quickly if symptoms — including fever, cough and difficulty breathing — arise.

According to the WHO, illness due to the coronavirus is generally mild, especially for children and young adults. But it can cause serious illness — about 1 in every 5 people who catch it need hospital care, and older people are at increased risk to experience serious illness.

OU has released a series of announcements regarding its monitoring of the coronavirus and answers to frequently asked questions about the coronavirus, which can be found on OU’s website.