A fan's guide to Orlando

• 1

In Orlando for the Russell Athletic Bowl? The Daily's got you covered with suggestions for where to stay, what to eat and what to do while you're there.

Russell Athletic Bowl-sponsored events:

Orlando Bowl Week Fan HQ – Located at Pointe Orlando, the official fan headquarters of the Russell Athletic and Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus bowls features interactive games and entertainment along with many shops and restaurants.

Oklahoma Pep Rally – Sunday Dec. 28, 4:00 p.m. The Pride of Oklahoma and Sooners cheer and pom squads will get fans fired up at the official pep rally in Pointe Orlando just 24 hours before kick-off. Coach Bob Stoops will also make an appearance to speak to fans.

Parade of Bands ­– Monday Dec. 29, 11:00 a.m. Both the Clemson and Oklahoma bands as well as cheerleaders and mascots will parade down Park Avenue in Winter Park, Fla. the morning of the game.

FanFest – Located in Lake Lorna Doone Park adjacent to Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium, fans from both sides can gather at FanFest for a pre-game tailgate party that features live music and entertainment, inflatables, face paints and food. Admission is free to the public.

WHERE TO EAT

Hot Krust Panini Kitchen – This small sandwich shop is located just west of downtown Orlando. According to 304 reviews on Trip Advisor (including this one), this is the place to go for lunch. Most meals are under $10.

Rusty Spoon – Fans looking for something a bit more high-end can dine at the Rusty Spoon in downtown Orlando. Although the restaurant only serves dinner on Saturday and Sunday, fans can stop in Monday for lunch before the game.

Five Guys – Traveling fans might prefer something more familiar while wanting to avoid traditional fast food. Five Guys has several locations in Orlando, with the closest to the Citrus Bowl being downtown.

WHAT TO DO

Disney World – The obvious first choice, Disney World has been catering to families for decades. Although expensive ($90-$100 per day), fans can spend a day or two in one of the four parks near Orlando.

Sea World – Sea World Orlando is located very close to the Citrus Bowl and is a cheaper option than Disney World. All-day passes can be purchased for around $60.

Downtown Disney – Downtown Disney is located about 25 miles from Central Orlando but has enough to fill and entire day. The small community offers shops, restaurants and lodging options along with and indoor theme park.

WHERE TO STAY

Using Hotwire, fans can purchase last-minute three to four star hotel rooms in downtown Orlando for around $70. However, higher-end hotels are charging upwards of $200 per night.

AND OF COURSE, THE GAME

Tickets to the Russell Athletic Bowl are bound to be the least-expensive part of a bowl trip. The cheapest seat on StubHub is $13.95 while lower bowl tickets can be purchased for as little as $25.00 per seat. As the game draws nearer, prices will continue to fall.