Campus Activities Council to bring established Youtuber, filmmaker to OU campus

• 8
Casey Neistat

YouTuber Casey Neistat will be coming to the OU campus Nov. 15.

Casey Neistat, famous YouTube vlogger, will be speaking at the Oklahoma Memorial Union on Wednesday, Nov. 15 in an event sponsored by CAC Speakers Bureau.

“Casey brings a lot of energy to his speaking events and everything he really does,” Ari Simon, Speakers Bureau Director of Events said.

Neistat is a YouTube vlogger known for his tech reviews, travel and promotional videos. Neistat is also a co-founder of the multimedia company and phone app, Beme.

CAC Speakers Bureau works to bring national speakers of wide and varied backgrounds to campus for the benefit of OU students. In recent years, Speakers Bureau has brought speakers such as RJ Mitte from "Breaking Bad" and Vanessa Bayer from "Saturday Night Live."

Neistat will speak on topics including social entrepreneurship, media and overcoming adversity, according to Christine Murrain, Speakers Bureau Executive Chair.

“We want to make sure that all of our messages are really meaningful for campus,” Murrain said.

The event is in the Molly Shi Boren Ballroom and free to OU students. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. After the event, attendees will have the opportunity to be chosen at random to talk with Neistat in a VIP meet and greet. Students are encouraged to RSVP through the event’s Facebook page.