Best places to watch fireworks in and around Norman

• 0
Fourth of July

The Fourth of July, also known as Independence Day, is this Tuesday. People all around the country will be lighting up the sky with annual fireworks shows. 

If you're in need of a place to watch fireworks this Fourth of July, we have you covered. Below is a list of five places to celebrate the country’s independence.

Norman: 2501 Jenkins Ave

Reaves Park just south of campus hosts an annual fireworks watch party for all ages. The park has tons of open field space that is perfect for families and friends to set up chairs and watch the sky light up. Events will begin at noon and include a dog parade, inflatables, food, live music and more. The watch party begins at 9:45 p.m.

Moore: 1903 NE 12th

Buck Thomas Park begins their events at 10:00 a.m., and will include live music, food, children's activities, a car show and more. Dogs are not allowed in the park. The fireworks show will start at dusk. 

OKC: 1701 S Western Ave

The Wheeler Ferris Wheel in Wheeler District will start activities at 2:00 p.m. Events will include food trucks, live music, yard games and kid activities. The ferris wheel will also be open for rides, but they cost $6 for a single ride and $10 for a day pass. Kids ages 3 and under are free.

OKC: 725 S Lincoln Blvd 

The Boathouse district will begin its events at 4:00 p.m and include a local DJ, food trucks and games, as well as activities at the nearby Riversports Adventure Park. Attendance is free, but some activities may cost. 

Other options

Places like the tops of parking garages, restaurants and bars with rooftop seating are also good options to watch fireworks. Keep in mind that these options could be dangerous if certain precautions are not taken.